Granada Hills Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents can happen at any time, and sometimes they can be traumatic and debilitating—especially if someone else caused it through reckless or negligent behavior.
The other party may have failed to secure their property or failed to provide a Duty of Care, which is the legal responsibility to act reasonably in order to avoid injuring others. There are many other examples where the responsible party knew their actions were potentially dangerous but decided to proceed anyway.
The common theme in many personal injury cases is negligence. When someone else’s actions directly injure you, you can seek compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent party. This is the perfect opportunity to reach out to a personal injury attorney.
Proving negligence and liability takes time and detailed investigation along with an intelligent strategy. Our experienced personal injury attorneys have years of achievements at the King Law Firm based on careful planning, experience, and hard work.
We represent clients in personal injury cases in Granada Hills, CA. From wrongful death, slip-and-fall cases, and more, we provide extensive and competent representation.
What Is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury attorney specializes in seeking remuneration after an accident in which you were injured. Your Granada Hills personal injury lawyers can help build your case, take the responsible party to court, and seek an appropriate settlement. They are also available to answer any legal questions you might have.
Your attorney will go over your case with you. They may request details that pertain to the nature and extent of your injuries to determine who is at fault, including:
- Medical reports and treatment
- Medical bills
- Surveillance videos
- Pictures of the accident
- Witness statements
- Official reports
Your personal injury attorney will likely request compensation from the liable party’s insurance company, if possible. If a settlement is not reached, your attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Being injured in an accident can be a very confusing time. The responsible party’s insurance agent will try to convince you to accept a financial settlement right away before you have time to determine the extent of your medical bills and other expenses.
Your experienced personal injury lawyer will fight for you and has your best interests at heart. They are with you at each step of the process to provide legal advice and get you a substantial settlement.
How Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
Your Granada Hills, California injury lawyer will let you know what your legal rights are. You may be advised not to speak with the at-fault party’s insurance agent, and if you talk to them, your lawyer will let you know what you should or should not say.
Did you know that you are not required to sign a full medical release to the responsible party’s insurance company? While you do need to yield your medical records pertaining to any treatment that you acquired from your accident, signing a full medical release allows the insurance company the ability to subpoena every single medical record you’ve ever had.
This is so they can try to pin your injuries from the accident on a pre-existing condition so that they can deny your claim. This is why it’s recommended that your personal injury law firm goes over any paperwork sent to you to determine whether you should sign.
Your lawyer is tasked to help you seek financial compensation for your injuries and other damages, which include any or more of the following:
- Lost wages while you heal (past and future)
- Medical bills
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitative costs
- Property damage
- Trauma counseling
- Loss of quality of life
- Permanent disability
- Healthcare facility care
You shouldn’t fall into financial ruin because someone else was negligent.
If someone else is responsible for the injuries that prevent you from working, you are more than entitled to seek damages.
What Is the Statute of Limitations?
Every state has different statutes of limitations. This law prevents injured parties from filing claims for their injuries once a certain amount of time has passed.
In the state of California, the aggrieved party has two years after the date of their accident to file a claim. After an accident, you might lose track of time, and before you know it, the deadline is approaching.
It’s vital for your happiness and compensation to hire a legal expert who is familiar with the process and can ensure your case doesn’t elapse.
Types of Cases the King Law Firm Handles
Our practice areas involve severe injury and wrongful death cases, including:
- Car Accidents: It can be easy to enjoy the sights in Granada Hills, but someone else’s reckless driving could result in life-altering injuries and property damage. Your personal injury lawyer can help you get your life back in order.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Driving through the breathtaking mountains can be considered part of a great day, but any motorcycle accident can ruin your day for good. A serious motorcycle crash can cause significant injuries to your back, neck, head, and more.
- Truck Accidents: Big rigs can be found on the road around us. Suppose you end up in an accident with a semi-truck. In that case, you could potentially suffer spinal injuries, traumatic brain injury, burn injuries, and other forms of long-term pain and suffering.
- Trip or Slip And Fall Accidents: If you have slipped and fallen because of someone else’s negligence or lack of care, then you deserve compensation.
- Bicycle Accidents: Few things compare to a satisfying bike ride, but bike accidents frequently occur—often with severe and debilitating results.
- Negligent Maintenance of Property: If you are injured on someone else’s property because they failed to look out for the safety of their visitors, they can be held liable for compensation.
- Wrongful Death Accidents: Wrongful death due to carelessness or negligence could strip you of a loved one’s companionship, love, earnings, and more.
- Dog Attacks: A dog attack can maim you physically and psychologically. Your personal injury attorney can advise you on differing dog bite laws.
- Brain Injury: Traumatic brain injury can occur if you have suffered a blow to the head. These injuries can result in life-altering changes and significant pain to the sufferer.
- Burn Injury: Few things are as catastrophic as suffering debilitating burns, and these injuries can take months or years to recover from fully. You may not be able to return to work for a long time. Our attorneys will make sure you receive the wages you would have earned.
- Defective Products: A defective product can cause injury or harm due to a design flaw, faulty labeling, or defective manufacturing.
- Catastrophic Injury: A catastrophic injury is a severe injury to the spinal cord, spine, or brain.
- Aviation Accidents: While an accident in a helicopter, personal jet, or commercial airplane may be uncommon, it can still happen.
Contact Your Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or someone you love has been injured because of someone’s carelessness, you need the aid of personal injury attorneys from the King Law Firm.
A work-related injury, dog attack, or any other disaster can create significant burdens in your life and can place colossal disruptions in your day-to-day life. After an accident, you may need medical attention, be required to miss work, and have to pause your life while you heal. An experienced lawyer can help you receive compensation for the damage caused by events that are out of your control. Our business is to keep you and your family safe and well-represented so that you can get back on your feet.
The King Law Firm provides many services and is happy to represent accident victims, no matter how complex their case may be. We will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Your attorney can negotiate a large payment on your behalf. Never settle for the first amount!